Are you a freelance writer who wants to speed up your writing process? Or are you a marketer trying to make your content production processes more efficient?
If so, you will find AI writing assistants helpful.
An AI writing assistant is an application that uses artificial intelligence technology to help writers create and proofread content effortlessly. Some AI writing assistants automatically generate written content on demand.
In this article, I’ll take you through some of the best AI writing assistants on the market today. I’ll also list their benefits for marketers, writers, and other content creators.
Let’s get started.
How Do AI Writing Assistants Work?
Different AI writing assistants have different purposes and functionalities.
Essentially, AI writing assistants help with different aspects of the content creation process and to different degrees. Some will just check grammar while others will automate the entire writing process.
For instance, a grammar-checking tool like Grammarly proofreads content by applying standard grammar rules to the text provided.
Some AI writing assistants create content by analyzing existing text, extracting words from that text, and combining those words in new ways to create new pieces of content. It helps to create selling content that increase sales on Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms.
Sometimes, they will also read the sample text that you provide and use it as a template for creating content.
Top 4 AI Writing Assistants
AI writing assistants can be categorized into two segments. One that takes care of spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, engagement, and delivery mistakes. The second automatically generates content for writers.
I’ll suggest the top AI writing assistants for both these categories.
So, let’s get started.
Image via Grammarly
Grammarly is an AI-powered proofreading assistant for checking spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and plagiarism in a piece of content.
It can be integrated across almost every page and app on your browser, including email, Google Docs, MS Office, WordPress, Facebook, and more.
Grammarly is renowned for detecting grammar and spelling errors, especially those that are easy to miss by writers. Grammarly is one of the best SEO investments for businesses.
You can also integrate Grammarly into your sales and marketing software like sales CPQ, email automation, etc. This escalates the quality of your customer communications.
What makes Grammarly the best AI writing assistant is that it provides a forever free plan in addition to a premium plan. Although the free plan doesn’t offer advanced writing suggestions, it’s enough for most people who’re not professional writers.
- Grammar and Spelling Checks: Grammarly is quick and accurate in identifying language errors.
- Vocabulary Enhancements: Helps improve writing by suggesting the most appropriate words at the most appropriate places.
- Context and Sentence Structure Check: Improves readability faster than human beings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Integration: You don’t necessarily have to use the dedicated Grammarly app to use its features. The tool integrates with browsers, Windows, MS Office, Google Docs, etc..
- Keyboard: For Android and iOS devices, Grammarly offers dedicated keyboards to help avoid language errors.
- Plagiarism Checker: Unlimited usage for plagiarism detection.
- Free plan
- Premium: $30/month for one month, $60/month for three months, $144/month for one year
- Business: $12.5/month/user for 3 to 9 members, $12.08/month/user for 10 to 49 members, $11.67/month/user for 50 to 149 members
Image via ProWritingAid
ProWritingAid is another AI writing assistant that combines world-class grammar and style checking with in-depth reports to help you improve your writing.
One advantage ProWritingAid has over Grammarly is that it makes writing more enjoyable and engaging through a unique combination of suggestions, articles, videos, and quizzes.
The AI writing assistant has been trained with thousands of writing and grammar rules to help writers improve their skills as they use the tool. Coupled with an in-app dictionary and third-party app integration, ProWritingAid is among the top AI writing assistants for grammar and writing improvement.
It’s a great proofreading app that you can use to proofread contracts and official documents before sending them for online signing using eSign tools such as DocuSign alternatives.
- Writing Style Improvement: Offers style suggestions and grammatical corrections to improve your content clarity.
- In-App Dictionary: This allows you to find the most relevant synonyms with ease.
- Third-Party Integrations: Integrates with Gmail, Google Suite, Microsoft Word, and different browsers.
- In-Depth Writing Reports: Offers a lot of writing reports to help you identify your weaknesses and improve your writing skills.
- In-App Suggestions and Explanations: The suggestions and improvements are coupled with explanations to help you learn while you edit.
- Plagiarism Checker: Offers a plagiarism detector with premium plans.
- Monthly subscription: $20/month
- Yearly subscription: $6.58/month
- Lifetime: $399
Image via Writesonic
Writesonic is an AI content writing assistant that lets you generate content for your website or social media marketing strategy. It’s like having a freelance writer on call 24/7. You can provide a few keywords, a brief product description, or some phrases, and it will return a wide range of computer-generated results.
It can generate content landing pages, product descriptions, ads etc. from just a few keywords.
- AI Article Writer: Creates unique, original, and long-form content that’s engaging and coherent.
- Paraphrasing Tool: Rewrites your paragraphs in various styles to avoid plagiarism.
- Text Expander: Helps you amplify your text by adding more value to it.
- Article Summarizer: Creates a summary for your article or any piece of content.
- Product Descriptions: Creates epic product descriptions for your ecommerce landing pages.
- Ad Copy: Helps you create high-performing copy for social media ads and Google Ads.
- Quora Answers: Creates Quora answers to help you grow your brand and drive traffic to your website.
- Free: Free for up to 2,500 words
- Short-Form: Starts from $10/month for 12,000 words
- Long-Form: Starts from $13/month for 15,000 words
Image via Copysmith
Copysmith is an AI-powered writing assistant that generates content for ecommerce product pages. Unlike Writesonic, Copysmith is solely targeted for product descriptions and ecommerce marketing content.
This tool increases the sales conversions for ecommerce websites by creating catchy product descriptions and sales copy.
The Copysmith AI writing assistant also claims to provide blog content creation, but this feature needs to be further developed.
- Bulk Product Descriptions: Allows you to create product descriptions in bulk.
- Content Templates: Provides product description templates for Instagram and landing pages.
- Campaign Builder: Lets you build and launch your campaigns faster.
- Integrations: Integrates with Google Chrome, Google Ads, Google Docs, WooCommerce, Hootsuite, Zapier, etc.
- Plagiarism Checker: A built-in plagiarism checker that allows unlimited access.
- In-App Collaboration: The workflow management and in-app collaboration feature is bliss for large teams.
- Starter: $19/month
- Professional: $59/month
- Enterprise: On-demand
Limitations of AI Writing Assistants
While AI writing assistants are helpful tools, it’s important to note that they’re not perfect. While they can help you generate content faster and improve your writing quality, they aren’t a one-size-fits-all solution.
AI writing assistants don’t know who your audience is or what they want to read, so they can’t tailor their content to your readers’ specific needs.
You can use these to generate the first draft of your content, you need to edit it to improve the quality and make it more readable.
AI technology holds plenty of promise for businesses and individuals alike. If you are looking for ways to make your writing more efficient, AI writing assistants are the perfect solution for you.
AI is revolutionizing content creation and if you want to sail in the wind, start using one or more of the AI writing assistants I’ve mentioned in this article.
The post Top 4 AI Writing Assistants for Smart Writers to Use in 2022 appeared first on Convince & Convert.